- Low cost
- Lots of work involved
- Need to be technically savvy to set up
- Security and data privacy concerns
- Not integrated - single solutions only do one thing, often multiple apps required
- Limited support available
- Solutions for all budgets
- May be ongoing subscription fees
- Simple to use
- All in one App
- Comparatively higher price
- Solutions for all budgets
- Integrated solution
- Professionally designed & programmed
- Ongoing subscription fees
- Expert support available
- Multiple functions performed in single push
Can smart home automation save me money?
Smart home solutions can help save energy. Studies show:
- About 39% of the energy used by the average home goes towards heating and cooling. Smart home solutions can save customers an average of 23% on their combined heating and cooling costs.
- Smart lighting solutions use at least 65% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs yet last 25 times longer.
- Smart home market research suggests that consumers with smart security systems reduce the likelihood of their homes being burgled or suffer from costly fire or water damage issues. This also reflects in their home insurance rates. On average, you can get up to a 20% reduction in your home insurance rates if you install monitored safety devices and smart security systems.
- According to connected home market size and survey data, 57% of smart home device users say they save time every day. They say these devices save them an average of almost 30 minutes every day.
Can Smart Home Automation reduce energy usage?
Eco-friendly, energy saving solutions such as lighting control, window treatment control, climate control, towel rail and underfloor heating schedules, solar and smart EV-charging can work to cut down the energy consumption and reduce the home's carbon footprint. These functions are the most usable and effective when they are part of an integrated system where functions can work together as part of a system.
Are integrated Smart Home systems very expensive? / How much does it cost?
Some smart home systems are expensive, and certainly in the past smart home systems have been the domain of the very wealthy. Smartlife wanted to provide solutions that would be of benefit to everyone, so drawing on their twenty years of experience in the industry, they focussed their expertise into developing their own technology. The Smartlife base solution is the foundation that enables them to offer scalable automation solutions that are more affordable than ever before. Their range includes affordable entry level options that are modular and can be expanded on as needs change.
How secure is smart home technology?
Security is important, which is why Smartlife solutions are built with security front of mind. Your data and personal information is private and secure. Smartlife solutions include options to easily control and change who has access to your house through the App, great for friends and Airbnb. When you’re away, if something happens such as a smoke alarm, burglar alarm, flood alarm, freezing temperature or excessive heat you can receive a notification, open your App to view what is happening in real-time, then deal with it promptly.
The Smartlife App can even serve as a repository for the warranties and user manuals related to your home, so you can always locate important information when it's needed, and it can easily be transferred to a new owner.